Friday, September 12, 2008

Remembering

I was reminded by a US blog that it is the anniversary of 9/11.

I know this may seem odd, but it wasn't until I was in New York, visiting Ground Zero and the main "church" that you really got a sense of of all the emotions. I remember it happening here 7 years ago and it was all over the newspaper, news etc. Nat saw it happen late at night, freaked and tried to wake me and tell me all about it but I was to tired to listen.

There is one thing that never really sunk in with the date of 9/11 until I was riding a bus in New York. I saw a website asking for help and it was http://www.911.com/ with an extension. As the Americans write their dates different to us, September 11th (9/11) written in their format it is actually their emergency response call number, 911.

I honestly hope that no one else in the world has to ever go through that, Bali or anything else again. It is bad enough what the natural disasters can through around without creating "man" made trouble.

No comments: