Saturday, January 13, 2007

Saying goodbye

Today, I said goodbye to our 2 dogs. I made the difficult decision yesterday that we can no longer keep them. Woody and Sammy were 3 (nearly 4) Border Collie X.

My fav. photo of our dogs. Woody on the left, Sammy on the right. The were just puppies and it was one of the first days at our house.

It was such a hard decision to make as I liked having the dogs at home as security when Nat was at work, for company and I really prefer the kids to grow up around dogs. Better that then being scared of them. It was the barking in the middle of the night (and waking up the kids), the fact that the kids don’t play outside often as the dogs are a little to boisterous for them and the cost factor that made me decide to get rid of them.

For me, it is a very sad day…
Ros

1 comment:

connie said...

Hi Ros.. not sure if you remember me but i met you at Paper Doll one day!!...
i came across your blog from Will's...
I know how you are feeling at the moment... we had to give away a Staffy pup Max a couple of months ago.. same problem as you to "full on" for the kids.. to the piont Keenan was to scared to play out the back and Max was very very jumpy!!

Your bed problem... When i put Keenan in a big bed i started a sticker poster... it hung in his room.. every night he stayed in bed and fell alseep he got a sticker if he got 7 stickers in a row he got a little present from the shops.. this worked for me... someone has prob already siad this one i just thought i would throw it out there..lol...
Take care.....

Connie..xxxx