Thursday, February 15, 2007

Two posts in one day...

Two posts in one day is quite unusual for me... Then again it is quite unusual for Drew to be sick with either a viral infection or german measels. He has had all of his vacinations and there is little we can do for him at the moment. He has a nasty rash (like thing) on his back and a little on his face and chest.

I tell you, this is so not what I need right now. I had to cancel my midwives appointment in case I am infectious. I had blood tests today, results in 3 days time with a repeat blood test in 10 days time. Here is hoping that it won't affect the baby. The hospital said I am lucky I am not further on in my pregnancy as german measels sticks around for a while and if I was 37-39 weeks pregnant it would be more of an issue. Here is hoping Drew doesn't have it (and the other kids don't get it!)

Today adfter the doctors I had to call a friend from mum's group and say Drew won't be at her son's birthday party, call childcare to cancel Drew for tomorrow and let them know what was going on and arrange for someone to watch Drew at home since I have to work tomorrow...

Right now, I feel as if I am struggling to get through the weekend. I asked Nat to not work tonight but of course, he has gone off to work. I have to do grocery shopping (which I can't do until Sunday afternoon now) and don't even get me started on the list of everything else I have to do. It is so hard when your partner is on night shift and you are stuck at home with a infectious sick one. You just can't do anything. Oh yeah and Nat is working Saturday too (overtime). Not that I mind the O/T but why the hell he couldn't have taken tonight off I don't understand!

Ros

No comments: