Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Bits & pieces

Just a random bits and pieces update since I haven’t done one for a few days.

- Bella is now bum shuffaling around the room (since Saturday). Need to work on tummy time with her a little more as I want her to crawl (as opposed to the bum shuffle) and when she does have tummy time she swims like a frog (or something...)

- Just found 1kg of apples I brought from Aldi in my craft cupboard. I knew they were missing but as always I don’t look for something that is missing as I never find it. Obviously one of the kids thought they might help me put them away.

- I made a Christmas tree for our house seeing as we won’t be putting the fake one up. (I spend enough time picking up toys so I don’t need to pick up Christmas decorations from one end of the house to another.) It is a wooden Kaiser tree that I picked up recently and I made it double sided just so I can have a change. The kids are looking forward to changing the numbers tomorrow. Have used Stampin up, cool caribeen ink and cardstock, weathered background stamp, Making Memories Christmas paper, SEI velvet paper, Heidi Swapp bling, Love Elsie Christmas paper, Stickles glitter, Kaiser gems, Heidi Swapp lettering and I think that nearly covers all of it.

- My latest Stampin Up stuff. Materials list below each photo.

A CD hanger for the Christmas tree
Materials used -
Cardstock: kraft
Inks: cranberry crisp ink, old olive
Accesories: holiday thyme patterned paper, linen thread
Other misc. products: button, cd and chipboard bird.

Bud Basics
My cards for our Stampin Up summer card swap. Bud Basics is one of the new sets available in the new mini catalogue from December first. I have also used the matching jumbo wheel.

Materials used -
Stamps: It’s your birthday, Bud Basics, Basic Outline (wheel)
Cardstock: Marigold Morning, Regal Rose, Certainly Celery
Inks: Basic Black, Marigold Morning, Regal Rose, Certainly Celery
Accessories: White gel pen, chipboard, ½ circle punch, slit punch

French Flair
Yet another new stamp from the new summer mini catalogue. A huge background stamp full of all yummy swirls (and birds!!!)

Materials used -
Stamps: French Flair, Warmest Regards
Cardstock: Ballet Blue, Whisper White, Boarding Blue
Inks: Basic Black, Going Grey, Ballet Blue, Gold

- Stampin Up spring mini catalogue ends on Friday as does the “All in the Family” promotion.

- I got my certificate from Stampin Up today in regards to my promotion. I didn’t actually know I got a certificate and a pin so a pleasant surprise!

- Bella has a rash and a fever so got picked up from childcare early today. I got all the kids at the same time as Nat is working tonight and I didn’t want to have to go back down with Bella on my own.

Enough from me, this is a huge post as it is.
Ros.

P.S. Totally forgot the picture I promised Fiona I would blog... Either Nat or Fiona took it of me and Boo at the beach last Monday. Other photos to come of the beach (some awesome ones of Nikki and funny ones of my reluctant swimmer, Drew and even some family ones too) I initially deleted this pic of me and Boo as I hate it but after being urged to keep it especially since Boo and I have the same look I am hanging to scrap it. Even have the title sussed out... Familiar faces...

6 comments:

Melanie H said...

Those cards and tree are gorgeous. Congratulations on your certificate and pin. Woohoo.

bon said...

OMG i love that christmas tree, I want one :)

Claire said...

LOVE that photo Ros. You have to scrap it. It's a classic. Bella looks way cute with her hat on. Loving the CD birdie thing too. Your Christmas tree is very cute :)

Anonymous said...

Thankyou for posting that photo - I really do love it. Youi two just have such a look on your faces - it will dewfinitely have pride of place in one of my albums. *grin*

Christmas tree is awesome - can I change the numbers? (hehehehe) i really like your bird with it's tweetings.

See you soon,

Cheers
Fi

Anonymous said...

And I can't spell!!!!!

Anonymous said...

love your christmas tree - such a good alternative to picking up ornaments from every room. i remember those days!