Wednesday, January 02, 2008

WARNING... Long post!

So I haven’t blogged in a while. Nothing unusual there... Was very busy in the lead up to Christmas. Made 6 calenders, 1 canvas, 2 sets of mini scrapbook layouts, 1 photo frame, 1 mini album and I think that is is... I took photos of only a few of the things I made and forgot the rest (opps!)

Calender for my MIL with Nikki's handprint.

MIL's frame of all the grandkiddies! (and a close up below)



We had a good Christmas, was very busy and the kids loved their presents. “Santa” brought them a special gift each and a kids digital camera to share. Natty spoiled me and brought me an ipod touch... Noice! Today my silicon and plastic cases arrived so now I can work off all the Christmas food without having to hold onto my ipod!

We had Christmas Day here with Nat’s family, Christmas Eve at my Dad’s place and Boxing Day at my Mum’s. It was strange as it was the first year I haven’t seen my brother over Christmas. Warren and Amanda didn’t want all the stress of bringing Chloe down when they are having enough day to day struggles.

A photo of my new niece (seeing as I haven't posted one) Chloe Joanna Oakes aka Miss Scooter!

Christmas dress (and shirt below) my MIL made for all my kids.



The aftermath!!! Loads of toys and way too much rubbish!



The Stampin’ Up! Sale-A-Bration started yesterday. It is bound to be the best promotion in the Stampin' Up! year with heaps of free stamp sets to give away. To see the free sets, e-mail me or leave a comment and I will send you a mini catalogue.

You can get the free stamp set in 3 ways:
- Place a $100 customer order either directly to me or at a workshop (you get a free set for EACH $100 you spend - no limit!)
- Hold a workshop and reach a sales total of $600 (you can also get free sets for your own orders as a hostess if they reach $100);
- Become a Stampin' Up! demonstrator yourself. In January and February you can choose an extra free stamp set up to the value of $79.95 (this time from the main catalogue) with your starter kit! You can also get 10% off if you use the code in issue 49 of Scrapbook Creations (January edition).

I still have a few spots left in my calendar for workshops in January and February, so contact me today to book your workshop.

Today while playing around with my nestabilities that I got for Christmas (thanks Mum!) I made this goodie bag for Nat to give to me for Valentine’s Day! Nat was more than happy to hear that I had made myself a card (opps a bag so he must get me a present now!!! Sneaky isn’t it!)

I went to the Mornington Twilight market on Saturday night and got a yummy salad dressing which came in the lovely brown paper bag I used for the bag. Nothing like recycling!

(The back of the bag is for Nat to write on instead of giving me a card)
Materials used:
Simply Said (heart) stamp set, taken with teal, whisper white, close to cocoa & regal rose cardstocks, regal rose ink, basic black and bashful blue stampin’ write markers, linen thread, word window punch, aged copper brads, on board chipboard – simon lower, nestabilities circles, spiral punch, loves me patterned paper, flirty ribbon, corner rounder punch

My December 1,2.3 layout using a family picture taken at my Oma's early December.

Enough from me, I want to try and get some more stamping done before picking up the kids from childcare. I didn’t do any stamping at all during December and am all ready to get back into it!

Cheers,
Ros

4 comments:

Alana Galagher said...

I love the frame you made for your MIL Ros - it is great!

Claire said...

Wow you have been busy Ros! Love the chrissy layout.

Julie van Oosten said...

Ros,Thanks for dropping by my blog.
I often do make and takes in Perth at some stores. You can email me your address and I will tell you when my next one is coming up. (I haven't got one planned for this year at the moment). collections@westnet.com.au
Lovely bLog!
Happy New Year,
Julie

Anonymous said...

oooh - make and takes in Perth *grin*

Love the photos - do you want a photo of the finished cd with the photo added on?

I'm still pondering the stamoping up order - do I go for gold - or all 4 stamp sets or not. I'll let you know soon, so you can get the ball rolling.

Cheers chicky,

Fi